Reports and forms

From: BuRT <ghoevvie_at_global.co.za>
Date: 1997/12/15

Hi there!

I have managed to figure out how Reports works, as well as the printing  of an invoice with it.

I have managed to via dos pass it paramaters for which invoice to print.

But I am still a bit flabbergasted as far as running it from Forms 4.5 goes.

I get the report to run, but I do not get the paramater passed!

Here is the dos command line:

r25run32 invprnt2.rdf garfield/garfield p_transno='00005' paramform=no destype=printer desname="IBM Proprinter II" printjob=no

This works fine!!! (p_transno is the paramater)

But running a dos batch file 1000 times could amount to some hairy time  consumption, thus I'm looking for a way to pass the paramater with forms  in the run_product command:

Run_Product(REPORTS, 'invprnt2.rdf', ASYNCHRONOUS,

                         BATCH, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);

Where pl_id is the paramater string.
I have tried 'p_transno=00005', '00005', 'p_transno = 00005', and a lot more.
I just can't get it going!

My objective is to use a cursor and while zooming thru a table, to generate  invoices in the background by means of the reference number I send it.

If anyone could turn my night to day here it would be muchos appreciated! The problem is just passing the paramater!

Ta!

BuRT Received on Mon Dec 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST