Re: ORACLE & LOADER

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/12

>Subject: ORACLE & LOADER
>From: ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg (FIREWALL)
>Date: 12/8/97 3:26PM GMT
>
>Dear Sirs,
>

>I have three questions on SQL loader & Oracle
>
>QUESTION 1
>===========
>
>How do I pass parameters to the SQLLOADER CONTROL FILE so that I
>can include my USERID as on of the loadable parameters instead on
>hardcoding into the SQLLOADER SCRIPT CONTROL FILE.
>

>QUESTION 2
>===========
>My project team hit a problem when loading the data during an SQLLOAD
>process. The error message was
>
>"SQL 605 No data dependent oracle error occured "
>
>Please note that control table has sufficent space. .
>
>The maximum extend has been set to unlimited.
>
>Suggestion was given to split the data file. However we found that
>the given solution is not good enough.
>
>We tried loading data using SQLLOADER. We have around 185,000 records
>however after 135,000 the
>
>"SQL 605 No data dependent oracle error occured "
>
>QUESTION 3
>I am not able to start my SQL PLUS all of sudden. Can anyone explain
>to be what happened. What action can I take to resolve this issue.
>

>Please advise me on this matter. Appreciate
>

>RAMESH
>

>E-mail Address: ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg

1. Have you tried sqlload userid=<env variable> parmfile=...

2. Have you checked whether any of the indexes for the table have blown, or whether any constraints are being violated ?

3. Can you be more specific as to the error message you receive when you try to use sqlplus ? Received on Fri Dec 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST