ORACLE & LOADER

From: FIREWALL <ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/12/08

Dear Sirs,

I have three questions on SQL loader & Oracle

QUESTION 1

How do I pass parameters to the SQLLOADER CONTROL FILE so that I can include my USERID as on of the loadable parameters instead on hardcoding into the SQLLOADER SCRIPT CONTROL FILE.

QUESTION 2

My project team hit a problem when loading the data during an SQLLOAD process. The error message was

"SQL 605 No data dependent oracle error occured "

Please note that control table has sufficent space. .

The maximum extend has been set to unlimited.

Suggestion was given to split the data file. However we found that the given solution is not good enough.

We tried loading data using SQLLOADER. We have around 185,000 records however after 135,000 the

"SQL 605 No data dependent oracle error occured "

QUESTION 3

I am not able to start my SQL PLUS all of sudden. Can anyone explain to be what happened. What action can I take to resolve this issue.

Please advise me on this matter. Appreciate

RAMESH E-mail Address: ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg Received on Mon Dec 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST