Re: Begining questions on Forms 4.5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/12/04

In article <ABsMQXq8R5_at_yamb.ygaz.tyumen.su>,   nfo_at_yamb.ygaz.tyumen.su wrote:
> 1. How to change a name of the application (in heading of a window)?
> By default: Developer/2000 Forms Runtime for Windows 95/NT
> It is necessary: My Program Name
> In the documentation is specified, that is possible to change only
> one property for
> SET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY (property, value)
> CURSOR_STYLE = BUSY, CROSSHAIR, DEFAULT, HELP, INSERTION
Depending on which window title you want to set, you use one of the two lines here: Set_Window_Property(Forms_MDI_Window,Title,'My Program Name'); Set_Window_Property('WINDOW0',Title,:Parameter.Form_Title);

> 2. The messages from the stored proc in SQL*PLUS are shown on the screen
> with the help DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('my message').
>
> As similar to make in Forms:
>
> Trigger WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED
> BEGIN
> MY_PROC; - contains DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('my message ').
> ???
> ???
> ???
> END;
I use a Key-F2 trigger. Here is the trigger that I keep to insert into any form where I need to use DBMS_OUTPUT.

------------------------------------------- --	Key-F2 Trigger	Display
DBMS_OUTPUT lines  --* --  Requirements to run this process: --  1.  Copy
DBMSOUTPUT window and canvas to a form. --  2.	Copy this trigger into a
form. -- 3. Copy the Block named DBMSOUTPUT from the AAKEEP form into -- the form where it is needed. -- To uninstall this stuff in your form: -- Delete the following: -- This trigger -- DBMSOUTPUT block -- DBMSOUTPUT canvas -- DBMSOUTPUT window -- -- Note: To use this trigger, it must be run once first just to run -- the following enable command, or the enable command must be -- coded prior to calling the procedure where dbms_output is -- used. Enable command: dbms_output.enable(20000);

Declare

  Sts         Integer;
  txt         varchar2(300);
  cntr        Integer := 0;

  Cursor_Save Varchar2(60) := :system.cursor_item;   foundlines boolean := false;

  Procedure Display_Output is begin

    loop
      dbms_output.get_line(txt,sts);
      if sts=0 then
        foundlines := true;
        if cntr = 0 then
          clear_block;
        else
          next_record;
        end if;
        cntr:= cntr+1;
        :dbmsoutput.txt:=txt;
      else
        if cntr=0 then
          :dbmsoutput.txt := '   No DBMS Output lines available.';
          cntr := 1;
        else
          first_record;
        end if;
        exit;
      end if;

    end loop;
  End Display_Output;

  Procedure Create_Sample_DBMS_Output is begin

Begin ------------------------- Main Process -------------------------
  --dbms_output.enable(20000);

  Go_item('DBMSOUTPUT.NAV_HIDDEN');--causes dbmsoutput canvas to display   If not form_success then
    MESSAGE(' go_item(''DBMSOUTPUT.NAV_HIDDEN'') Failed');     raise form_trigger_failure;
  end if;

  If Get_Block_Property('DBMSOUTPUT',Status)<>'NEW' then     Message(' Clear block (shift-F5) first to see new output');   else
    Display_Output;
    IF not foundlines then

      Create_Sample_DBMS_Output;
      Display_Output;
      Message('  No DBMS_Output lines available, so sample messages '
              ||'have been created.');

    End if;
  End if;
  :Dbmsoutput.Nav_Hidden := Cursor_Save; End;

/*
Include the following code in the form, just before the display or commit process--whichever calls the procedure that uses dbms_output.

The DBMSOUTPUT Block contains two items:   Nav_Hidden a hidden, navigable item (but txt could be navigable)   Txt char(300) displayed item

The DBMSOUTPUT Block contains a post-block trigger with:

      HIDE_VIEW('DBMSOUTPUT');
  This causes the form's main canvas to re-display. */

Regards,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 -- The QA utility form has recently been upgraded. It's also available for Macintosh and Unix Forms.