Re: Importing into deleted columns

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/02

In article <65mcgp$9tj$1_at_news02.btx.dtag.de>, Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_tonline. de> writes
>Hi everybody,
>
>got to drop several columns in several tables. We gonna create new
>create-table scripts without those collumns (from export). Before
>dropping old tables we gonna export them with all the future deleted
>columns set to NULL. How about errors when re-importing into the newly
>created tables?
>
>Thanks in advance!

Yup, you'll get errors.

Any possibility of renaming the offensive tables and the inserting the appropriate values into the new tables? Or, spooling a flat file of the required columns and using sqlloader to re-import?

Andy
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request