Nested Tables

From: Brent Collins <brent_at_ti.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

I have a schema which uses nested tables to store semiconductor equipment
processing data. I was using an SQL statement to insert the parent row data
and nested table data in one call. I ran into a limit of 999 nested table rows.
Since I sometimes need to insert more than 999 rows, I decided to try to insert
the parent row and nested table rows separately. I receive error ORA 22908
"Reference to NULL table value" when trying to add the nested table rows. I
found some documentation which said to ensure that an empty nested table

instance is created using and empty nested table constructor.

Does anyone know how to create this empty nested table instance?

Regards,
Brent Collins
Texas Instruments
IT Services Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST