Re: Access 2.0 hangs when connecting to Oracle

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/12/02

wimmer_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm using Oracle 7.3.3 Server on Windows NT in a Novell Netware 4.1
> network. When i try to connect to the Server via Access 2.0/Windows 3.1,
> my Computer hangs up after entering username/password. I've used the
> original 16-bit ODBC-Drivers from Oracle. The computer only hangs up with
> some oracle users. not all users. Some users, like an admin user work,
> after entering username/password i get the tables and can attach them.
>
> On the same computer, Windows NT 4.0 with Access 97
> everything works fine, no problems. All users are working, after entering
> the username/passwords, the tables/view appear and i can attach them to
> access 97.
>
> It seems to be a problem with Access 2.0/ODBC.
>
> Thanks for your time and your help, Klaus.

Hi Klaus,

we also had a problem with jet 2.5 ODBC and Oracle 7.3.3. There's a bug in the SPX-protocol-adapter for the NT-server which lets sessions hang up.
It's bug: 480591. It is fixed in SQLNet v. 2.3.3.0.1 for the server. You can download from German Oracle Support Server (doag).

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)