Asynchronous Synchronization of Oracle Databases

From: Anke Schirmer <ASchirmer_at_stgl.sel.alcatel.de>
Date: 1997/12/01

   Hello,

We want to do a synchronisation of a Oracle database into several other locations. We want to have a asynchronous synchronisation. Therefore I intended to do this with triggers.
We have version 7.2 of Oracle installed but we could upgrade to 8.0.3 if necessary. Then we could use updatable snapshots. Now my questions:
-Does anybody has experiences using updatable snapshots or triggers to
do this synchronisation? What woul be the better solution? Is there another solution?
-What about conflict management during asynchronous synchronisation?

I would appreciate an answer

Timo

T.Busch_at_stgl.sel.alcatel.de Received on Mon Dec 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST