RE: Asynchronous Synchronization of Oracle Databases

From: Chris Boyd <cboyd_at_sapient.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

We are using Oracle's Asynchronous replication across 21 servers. There are many benefits to replication. We used it on 7.1.6 and have since upgraded to 7.3.3. We use Updatable Snapshots and Master-Master replication for different sets of data.

As far as handling conflicts goes, there are built in capabilities such as Master site priority, latest timestamp, or you can design your own custom conflict solution.

You need Oracle's replication option and it is not a hugh effort to set up. We have been using it in a production environment for almost 2 years now.

If you need more information please send me an e-mail. Enjoy!
chris