oracle 7.3.2 on solaris 2.6 box. Install prob

From: Derek Olsen <dolsen_at_gstis.net>
Date: 1997/11/24

  While logged in as user oracle I cd to the cdrom and then orainst and try to run ./orainst and get
segmentation fault.

     (ps I am no DBA but since I am the only one who can spell computer I have been tasked with this install)

I am trying to install Oracle 7.3.2 on an solaris 2.6 box and I am wondering if this will be ok
since the oracle distribution I have was released for solaris 2.* but at the time solaris 2.6 was not out.

    Also I seem to remember hearing something about "bad" media, could my problem be with the oracle
CD roms I have.

    Any suggestions ideas appreciated.

     derek
     dolsen_at_gstis.net