Re: oracle 7.3.2 on solaris 2.6 box. Install prob

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/11/24

: I am trying to install Oracle 7.3.2 on an solaris 2.6 box and I am
: wondering if this will be ok

The installer for 7.3.2.1 is known to be buggy. Oracle recommends that you install and use the installer from 7.3.2.2 (or later releases of 7.3.2) - but not 7.3.3.x.

: since the oracle distribution I have was released for solaris 2.* but at
: the time solaris 2.6 was not out.

You need to determine if your exact version of the RDBMS is certified against Solaris 2.6. According to the certification matrix I am looking at only 7.3.2.1 is certified against Solaris 2.6, but I would check with Oracle support for the latest information.

IAP

--
You have mistakenly entered section 26 of disinformation superhighway 9.
Monitored by Main F[ao]rce Patrol. Fatalities this year = 57. Leave now.