wrong oracle drivers and ora-03121

From: <chris_riley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/11/17

My colleague was having trouble getting Oracle 8 to connect to databases, and was getting the error ORA-03121. I checked in Deja News, and found a bunch of people had gotten this message for a variety of reasons. My colleague would like to say that she got the problem because a previous install of another app (possibly PowerBuilder) had installed the drivers for Oracle 7, and the Oracle 8 install wasn't overwriting them.

She managed to fix this by copying the orawin directory from another user. This loaded the correct drivers, and she can now connect to the other databases.

Chris Riley
Vertek Corp.