Re: 7.3 Optimizer diffs from 7.2

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

From: crazylongs_at_aol.com (Crazylongs)
>> We just upgraded to 7.3 from 7.2. Complex queries run the same or even
 faster than with 7.2. However, primary keys/indexes seem to be ignored, and  doing FT scans. <<

Interesting. Have you tried allocating histrograms (new with 7.3) for the  indexes in question and seeing what if any effect this had.

We recently upgraded from 7.1.6 to 7.2 and noticed some unusual performance  effects. Re-analyzing everything cleared up 4/5 of it, but the others  processes took re-tunning the sql.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST