Re: 7.3 Optimizer diffs from 7.2

From: BBurtensha <bburtensha_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/15

We have seen the same thing going from 7.1 and 7.1.6 to 7.3.2 under AIX 4.1.4.  We have forced RULE in the init.ora to get overall good performance and then  added hints to use CHOOSE on some of our complex queries. In one instance we  still have a view that is running very slow (15-30 minutes) when it used to  take "seconds" due to full table scans. Any other suggestions would be  welcome.

TIA,
Barry Received on Sat Nov 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST