Re: PL/SQL Catch*22?

From: Jonathan W. Ingram <jingram_at_spam.less.teleport.com>
Date: 1997/11/13

On Fri, 07 Nov 1997 21:35:48 -0500, Jerry Apfelbaum <japfelba_at_ican.ca> wrote:

>Thanks Dan. What you say is of course correct. The drawback to me is
>that it becomes virtually impossible to do the nice PL/SQL cursor
>operations like the CURSOR FOR loop.
>
>Incidently, do you have any experience with this following problem: Can
>DBMS_SQL run SQL queries where the tables are mapped through synonyms?
>I can't seem to get them to work in DBMS_SQL although they work just
>fine the usual way.

I don't know what version you're running, but you might consider using a REF CURSOR.

Another approach you might consider is simply creating your temporary table beforehand and truncating it when you are finished with your work. Why do things the hard way?

Jonathan Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST