Migrating from Oracle 6 (yes, 6) for DOS (yes, DOS) to 7 or 8...?

From: Tom Stamm <stammt_at_bah.com>
Date: 1997/11/12

Hi, I have a DOS application that uses an Oracle 6 database that I need to migrate to Oracle 8 (or at least Oracle 7.3.x) on NT. I just downloaded and installed the trial version of Oracle 8, which has a migration assistant from Oracle 7, but nothing about Oracle 6.

I'm new to Oracle in general, and I'm reading up on ver 8, but I can't find anything about 6 at all. (go figure...) Anyone know how to do this? Or have any pointers?

FWIW, it is pretty interesting to see how Oracle 6 for DOS works - I didn't know you could have database servers in DOS!

thanks,
-Tom Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST