Re: webserver: displaying images stored in database?

From: <ksp_at_mms-dresden.de>
Date: 1997/11/12

edwards@@garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote:

> > Has anybody been able to display images stored in a 'long'
> > column through their browser using stored procedures?
>
> Yes, those of us who aren't lazy and do take the time to try
> on our own before clogging up newsgroups have learned how to
> do this.
>
> create or replace package body test2 is
> image_data long;
> <...rest snipped...>

Sorry for posting this, I'd rather use mail, but I do not beleive in the second address.....

Anybody tried this using BLOB (Oracle8) instead? I think BLOB is the most suitable type for images, or am I wrong?
I believe long (and LOB) are character storage types, so they are handled using the char sets, etc. I'd thought long raw and BLOB are more suitable because they are stored 'as is' and not converted.

Thanks for suggestions,
regards,
Kathrin Spiller Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST