Re: How to close a Oracle databse automatically ?

From: SNAGRABSKI <SNAGRABSKI_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 1997/11/11

Ramon:

I am assuming that you mean that you would like to "shutdown" your Oracle database automatically when NT is shut down.

For every Oracle instance/database that has been established on a NT server two (2) NT services are established. You may view these services by going into the Services Icon (Found in the Control Panel under NT 4.0). You will recognize these 2 services as "OracleService{Instance Name}" and "OracleStart{Instance Name}". When NT is shut down "gracefully" all NT services are automatically stopped "gracefully" during the operating system shutdown process. This includes the two (2) services for each database instance. The "OracleStart{Instance Name}" services specifically opens and closes the database. The other service; "OracleService(Instance Name)", is responsible for shutting down the instance.

This all means that if the NT operating system is shutdown normally then your databases will be shut down normally as well.

Steve Nagrabski
SNAGRABSKI_at_PRODIGY.NET raa_at_chemnitz.debis-sfi.de wrote in article <878912641.24093_at_dejanews.com>...