NEWBIE HELP: Trying to save a lot of work!

From: impu <impu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

Hi,

   I'm not an Oracle literate yet, but I'm trying to be. So, I've downloaded the Oracle8 Trial version in order to practice at home while I'm not at work. As well as I've bought the Complete Reference ORACLE8 by ORACLE Press. Now, I'm trying to practice the example query throughout the book. The author mentioned, in order to avoid retyping all the table, you should create a user "practice" and give it a CONNECT and RESOURCE authority (yes, I've installed the CD as well). However, I can't seems to figure out how to access those table. Basically, I just want to start somewhere instead sitting here, stuck:( Can anybody who'd used that book or were in a similar situation help me out? Thanks.

impu Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST