Re: can oracle read xbase type files?

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 1997/11/10

In article <644e61$81d$2_at_news.indy.net>, Martin Meadows <mmeadows_at_indy.net> wrote:
>I need to take some data from an external file and write it into an
>Oracle database. I have the following options for the external file
>format.
>1. "dbase" format (can be read by any prog. that uses xbase type files)
>2. ascii
>3. comma delimited ascii
>4. lotus format

Oracle doesn't support Xbase, but there are third party tools to load these files into Oracle. I think I posted a summary last year, see http://www.dejanews.com/.

I'm working on a Perl script to take Xbase files and generate a fixed format data files and control files suitable for SQL*Loader. SQLLOAD is described in the Server Utilities manual).
John
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST