InterOffice problem: ODM-18501 logging into olmgr

From: ak <ak_at_x.y>
Date: 1997/11/06

We're getting the following errors when attempting to login to the Document Server manager:

ODM-18501: (dmta.c, dmtacm(), # 5540)
ODM-18501: (dmta.c, dmtalin(), # 1658)
ODM-18501: Failed to initialize RPC layer [-1] (dmrpn.c, dmrpncc(), # 481)

The command I used is:

olmgr> login username=admin/pwd_at_interoffice_dm;

"interoffice" is the name I gave when prompted for a name during the
InterOffice install. The install created entries for listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, which I duly incorporated into our existing copies. I installed IO against an existing database (named TST1). Thus the tnsnames entries that were created and incorporated were "interoffice",
"interoffice_olsrv", "interoffice_dm" and "OD_TST1", and the listener entry
that was created was "OD_TST1", running program dmsrv.

The messaging part of IO is working fine; it's only the document server part that is having problems. According to Oracle Support, the above error points to a listener.ora problem, but they and we have been unable to find a problem with our listener.ora file.

We've tried everything we can think of: interoffice_dm, interoffice_dm.world, interoffice_olsrv, etc, etc, trying to create a sqlnet trace of the connect (we couldn't make olmgr produce one, even though we could get a sqlplus session to produce one), tried fully qualifying the dmsrv portion of the OD_TST1 entry in listener.ora with the Oracle home.

If someone has any other ideas, we'd very much like to hear them here!

Please reply to newsgroup.

Thanx

Arn. Received on Thu Nov 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST