dynamic loading for Web across two platforms

From: M Sweger <mikesw_at_dhp.com>
Date: 1997/11/02

Hi,

        Does anybody have a solution to the following problem?

I have a 3-tier client/server that does dynamic loading between to platforms running an Oracle DBMS. I'm trying to set up a storefront whereby users fill in a purchase order which is stored in the DBMS. The users is allowed to make corrections or cancel their order. Now this is my problem. Everything is ok if there is only one platform but will have problems if there are two or more. Why? Because if the user inputs a purchase order and it is stored on platform #1, and then decides to either make a correction or cancel the order and then due to dynamic loading the middleware says to go to platform #2, this situuation will occur. When the data is deposited on the platform #2, the DBMS must first find the original. But due to the original being put on platform #1 it will report that the order doesn't exist when in fact it does - on the other platform. True I could have DBMS replication but it may not be fast enough to update and keep in synch the DBMS on platform #2. In addition, this problem could happen in reverse whereby the original is on platform #2 and the cancellation or correction is being submitted to platform #1. It then becomes a nightmare with both DBMS' trying to replicate to each other to keep each other in sync as to what data should be where and hopefully no race conditions take affect. What I mean by this is that the original is replicated before or after the cancellation/correction was processed on the relevant system.

   Anybody experience this, yet? Any solutions from Oracle people?

        Any solutions appreciated.

--
	Mike,
	mikesw_at_whiterose.net