Re: ORACLE on NT vs. UNIX

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: 1997/11/01

--------------8A49B2FE25B7EAC9285660DF

Haakon T. Soenderland wrote:

> If you are starting from scratch I suggest that you try to avoid
> Developer/2000. The product is bug-ridden, slow and very hard to
> learn. Powerbuilder or Centura would probably be my first choices
> if your clients are Windows 95/NT only. There are probably other
> toos out there that can do the job as well. All these products have
> problems, D2K just has so many more of them.
>
> Haakon
> (7 years experience with SQL*Forms)

   What bugs are you referring to?

    I have not found Developer/2000 nor Designer/2000 to be slow, nor even extremely hard to use. But I don't have 7 years experience either and would be interested in avoiding areas that more experienced people have learned to avoid the hard way.

--------------8A49B2FE25B7EAC9285660DF

begin:          vcard
fn:             Frank Hubeny
n:              Hubeny;Frank
adr:            427 East Liberty Drive;;;Wheaton;IL;60187-5510;USA
email;internet: fhubeny_at_ntsource.com
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1