Re: SQL*Plus spl,<lang>.msb not found

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1997/10/30

Cherie Machler <n32cmn_at_is.nwa.com> wrote:

>One of our developers is trying to start sqlplus for the first time.
>
>He gets the following error:
>
>Message file sp<lang>.msb not found
>Error initializing SQL*Plus
>
>I am not familiar with this file. Any ideas on what it is?
>
>Thanks for your kind advice.
>
>Cherie

The file is named SPUS.MSB ( assuming US language ) ; It is the message file for SqlPlus and needs to be located where SqlPlus can find it. Usually this is taken care of when it is installed so check, if your Sqlplus is on a network drive, that the drive mapping is correct ( in Windows 3.1 the location is specified by the Oracle.ini parameter SQLKITPATH; in 32bit Win ( 95 and NT) its a registry entry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE..Software..Oracle..API' - as for other platforms I don't know how it is designated ; It's usually in the Oracle_Home/DBS directory.

Hope it helps,
John Greco
Oracle DBA Received on Thu Oct 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST