Re: could not connect to listener address (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=<our dbname>))

From: Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_ribm00.rhic.bnl.gov>
Date: 1997/10/23

Thank you very much for your reply. I checked my sqlnet.ora, listener.ora, and tnsname.ora file again and again, I still got the same error message in alert_SID.log file every two minutes. We are using Oracle 7.3.2, our server is in an AIX and clients are in two AIXs and three IRIXs. I put the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora in <oracle home>/network/admin. I did a little test this morning. I removed the mts_XXXX lines in initSID.ora file, and the error message no longer appeared, but that disabled the MTS function. Would you mind to send me your tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and one of your initSID.ora if you have more than one databases? Also, after I edit the initSID.ora file, should I just shutdown and restart the database? or should I restart the listener? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --Grace Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT