Re: PL/SQL and search engines

From: joachim Carlsson <joachim.carlsson_at_neurope.ikea.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

First if you search with like you should use '%Author%' to make it search for author as a substring in that field.

Then create an index on the two fields and search them something like this. You DO know how to do this I suppose.

select * from search_table
where (free_text like '%&&input%'
or free_text2 like '%&&input%');

Bryan J. Gentile <bgentile_at_bdsinc.com> wrote in article <344B9C98.FD9707F8_at_bdsinc.com>...