Re: Q: How to do a network based install of the Oracle Client software to lots of PCs

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1997/10/08

Assuming you want to run all 16 bit code only you should check out Oracle Configuration Software Manager (OCSM). This will let you do a network install and enable clients to either run off the shared install or
install locally using a shared agent (you can also configure it to add/delete software at
client boot time). Another option for pure 16bit is just do a network install and
change all clients win.ini to ora_config to point to the oracle.ini on the network. If you want
32 bit, you could do a network install from a workstation, export the oracle key from the registry, map the win95 clients to point to the oracle drive, and on each client import the oracle registry key. OCSM is probably the easiet route at this point.