Re: Date operations...

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/10/07

: Does anyone know if and how you can increment a date.
: I want to set an expiration date, but I don't want to set a specific
: date. Rather I just want to set the expiration date to be 1 year or 1
: month after the setup date. How can I do this.

l_exp := SYSDATE + 0.5;
l_exp := SYSDATE + 1;
l_exp := SYSDATE + 30;
l_exp := SYSDATE + 365;

SYSDATE is a function that returns the current system date and time. You could use it to represent the install time.

In answer to another question about setting dates beyond the year 2000 then you could always use the to_date and to_char functions along with their related formats (one of which is 'YYYY').

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with