Re: Export data to dbase or text file from Oracle database?

From: Phillip Bump <pjbump_at_i1.net>
Date: 1997/10/05

While SQL*Loader is great for getting data into your database, there are no good Oracle-provided tools for getting data out of your database. If the quantity of rows is relatively "small" (you fill in the parameters for what is small or not), I would recommend generating a SQL*Plus script, complete with SET TERMOUT OFF to minimize the output to the terminal (which REALLY slows down how long your query takes to generate the output file). Also, don't forget to SET PAUSE OFF and SET PAGESIZE 0. If you want your output in sorted format, don't forget the ORDER BY clause in your SELECT statement.
Questions? pbump_at_us.oracle.com

--
Phillip Bump
pjbump_at_i1.net

Kislinger <ckdkh_at_pha.pvtnet.cz> wrote in article
<342F7C6C.6E44_at_pha.pvtnet.cz>...