Pro*C MODE=ORACLE not working?

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_intex.net>
Date: 1997/10/02

I'm using Pro*C 2.1.2 with Oracle 7.2.2 on Solaris 2.5 and gcc 2.7.2 and
most everything seems to work great.  I do have one problem (obviously
or I wouldn't be asking for advice).

I've been using batch fetches into host arrays. It works in many situations. However, I have some number of columns in certain tables that can contain null values. The compiled version seems to be executing in MODE=ANSI14 where this returns an error ORA-01405 and stops the fetch at the row with the NULL.

I've tried adding MODE=ORACLE to the command line when I call proc, which according to the Pro*C 1.5 documentation is supposed to work. (I know I'm using old documentation and that's really the root of my problem.) Does anyone know how to get this working in 2.1.2?

Thanks.

Robert Eskridge
bryny_at_intex.net Received on Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT