Re: really dumb oracle newbie question:

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/10/01

--------------CAE194BF20FF7310282E1C0F

Just my .02 worth but there is a tad bit more to dropping a column.

the PK needs reset, all FK pointing into that PK and all FK pointing out to other PK, need reset also. I am currently working on a package that will do all that. If anyone is interested drop me an email, i'll put you in my list and let you know when its in beta stage(hopefully in next 30 days).

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator
Are you looking for Oracle DBA in Central Ohio, but only want one for

--------------CAE194BF20FF7310282E1C0F
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Joseph S. Testa Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf" begin: vcard fn: Joseph S. Testa n: Testa;Joseph S. org: Origin Technology in Business adr: ;;;;OH;;USA email;internet: jtesta_at_scioto.net title: Oracle DBA note: Oracle DBA in central Ohio and doing geneaology research on Testa family, I have 2 ICQ uins, home: 2814105, work 2832230, you can also find me on netscape conference. x-mozilla-cpt: ;0 x-mozilla-html: FALSE version: 2.1 end: vcard
--------------CAE194BF20FF7310282E1C0F--