Re: vms/adabas to Digital Unix/Oracle

From: Peder Holst <pederh_at_elektrosoft.se>
Date: 1997/10/01

Sridher Nageswaran <sridher_at_equin.com> wrote in article <34309DAC.15E77E32_at_equin.com>...
> Hi
> One of our valid customer wants to migrate from VMS/Adabas database to
> Digital Unix/Oracle database. Is there any product software available in
> Oracle?
>
> Thankx
> N.Sridher

Provided you obtain the ODBC drivers for both databases a replication and conversion tool called SQLMover can do the data migration for you. It has full error handling capabilities and allows you to replicate and convert automatically between
any ODBC heterogeneous or homogeneous compliant datasources including Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Access, Text files, Ingres, Informix, DB2. SQLMover can be installed on a NT Server or a WS (or Windows 95) and initiated manually or automatically. It has transaction support. SQLMover uses standard, simple or complex SQL SELECT statement in the source end and INSERT, UPDATE, INSERT then UPDATE, UPDATE the INSERT or DELETE statement towards the destination database table.

Data conversion and cleaning can be performed by using the SQL conversion or string functions in the SELECT statement towards the source DB, by using the built in Format Mask functions or by using triggers in the destination database. To evaluate until Oct.31 you can download from www.sqlmover.com (follow the
download buttons) and use the evaluation key OSHKSHTD. The key allows you to transfer max. 500 rows per transfer/replication task and max. 5 tasks can be defined.

Depending on your business rules you may choose from a variety of replication design models.

For DW purposes you can choose to let SQLMover aggregate your data by using SELECT -GROUP BY. For more ideas info about oneor  two way replication setups please use the support form att www.sqlmover.com for more info.

SQLMover processes can be configured to work in parallell. Peder Holst,
pederh_at_elektrosoft.se Received on Wed Oct 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT