DEFAULT (Mouse) Cursor Style isn't

From: Duncan MacGregor <aa735_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1997/10/01

Greetings.

In Oracle Forms 4.5 (part of Developer/2000), I used a WHEN-MOUSE-ENTER trigger to call 'Set_Application_Property' and change the mouse cursor to the DEFAULT style. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as advertised, at least not for Text Items.

To be precise, the call:

Set_Application_Property(CURSOR_STYLE, 'DEFAULT');

yields the same effect as the call:

Set_Application_Property(CURSOR_STYLE, 'INSERTION');

which is not what we want.

Any ideas on how to get an arrow cursor -- as the Help indicates we should be able to get? I have tried:

Set_Application_Property(CURSOR_STYLE, 'ARROW');

which caused a (predictable) run-time error.

Just a puzzled Canadian ...

--
Duncan MacGregor | aa735_at_freenet.carleton.ca  | #include <disclaimer.h>
Also at: "http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa735/" | To err is human ...