Re: SQL*Net

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/09/26

Based on what Microsoft has to say about the performance difference between NT 3.51 and NT 4.0 I suspect that your solution may lie in upgrading NT. We upgraded our test server about three weeks ago and it is noticeably faster and hasn't crashed during the day when the developers are busy pounding away. Upgrading NT and at the same time upgrading from Oracle 7.2.x to 7.3.3 took something like 2 1/2 to 3 hours -- time very well spent.

Jerry