HELP

From: Enrique Aviles <eaviles_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/25

Hi

   I know this has been asked before but I didn't see any convincing answers so here we go again.

   Can I get the number of rows that a cursor is selecting before I execute the first fetch?

   I want to do that so that I can malloc() the exact amount of memory needed to hold the data coming from the cursor (I'm using Pro*C). Does an internal Oracle structure/variable get set with the number of rows selected after I open the cursor?

Will this be available in Oracle8?

Please respond by mail.

Thanks,

Enrique Received on Thu Sep 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT