Re: ORA-12641

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/09/25

Dmitriy <shapiro_at_kodak.com> wrote in article <01bcc8f5$a7f64a90$88866796_at_kp-w000319>...
> When my Peer Web Server executes Active Server Page that opens connection
> to an remote Oracle Database, I get message:
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-12641: TNS:authentication
> service failed to initialize
> What is wrong ? I gave up to find a manual that explains this error.
> I can connect to this Database with ADO - ODBC - SQL*Net - ...., from any
> other application written on Visual Basic, Visual C++, etc.
> I have Window NT 4.0 Workstation.

I think the problem may be with the priviliges of the NT user (ISSUSER_something?) that the web server runs in. AFAIK this is set to guest priviliges only. If so, this user can not access most of the NT services.

Check the NT userid that's used for the Web Server in User Admin. Even better, logon as that user and try running some services to see what happens.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Sep 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT