Re: Oracle Listener 2 databases on 2 servers

From: Dante A. Notari-Locher <dnotari_at_cso.at>
Date: 1997/09/09

Hi worcester !

	There is no TCP/IP listener for SQL*Net V2
	definied !

	ON VAX you have two listeners, one
	for SID RMS and one for SID twc.

	Here an example for listener.ora for TCP/IP:
LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS=

(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= 10.33.246.181)
(Port= 1521)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= 10.33.246.181)
(Port= 1526)
)

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = BMT)
    )
  )
#PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)
PASSWORDS_LISTENER = OFF

Regards

Dante A. Notari-Locher

worcester wrote:

> I am new at a new company (both with limited Oracle experience now) and
> am trying to establish some connectivity.
>
> Why can't I get to the VAX 'twc' database from the windows client?
> No problem in getting to the Alpha 'pointman' database.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> VAX is running SQL*NET V2.0.15.1.0 and both DECnet and TCP/IP
>
> Unix is running SQL*NET 2.2.3.0.0 TCP/IP
>  (as well as a V1 listener on tcp port 1525, but disabled V1 SQL*NET on
>  (windows clients. )
>
> Win 3.11 and Win95 clients running TCP/IP.

 [snip]