Re: sequences with cache option

From: Roy Klassen <rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/08/20

Your problem definately has to do with the cache option.

What is happening is that when you startup the Oracle instance, the sequence takes the next 20 values from the sequence and stores it in a buffer ( or cache memory), and the sequence is incremented likewise.

If you shut down the instance, these sequence numbers are lost because they are in RAM, but the sequence stays the same.

This is why you have these funny jumps in your sequence numbers.

Roy Klassen rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca

Ron Chapman <ronc_at_jagman.com> wrote in article <33FA1164.9BDA8F63_at_jagman.com>...