Re: Help for Pro*c program

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

In article <5taf4s$cva$1_at_news.tamu.edu>, y0x6340_at_cs.tamu.edu says...

>But if I strcpy select * from table_name to a string sql_statment,
>
>and then EXEC SQL prepare s from : sql_statmnet;
> and EXEC SQL EXECUTE s;
> no error and the sqlcode value is 0. (actually I check if there are
>the records, the sqlcode values is 0 too.)

After you do the select, you must then use the fetch to get each row. If the table is empty you will get the 1403 on the first fetch.

Rona Crystal

Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To
respond personally to this post, remove all strings beginning and
ending with #.  i.e.  j#xx#doe_at_my#yy#comp.com becomes jdoe_at_mycomp.com
All opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of any other individual or organization.