Re: Connecting to a remote Oracle Server with BDE

From: Helmut Hahn <helmut.hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: 1997/08/18

Hi,

do you use ODBC or SQL-Links?

Have you Delphi2.0 or Delphi3.0 (or C++ - Builder) ? Which version of BDE?

There are slightliy differences. With Delphi2.0 and SQL-Links I had to rename the orant71.dll to orant73.dll or something like this to get rid of the vendor init problem. With the answers of my questions I could help you. I can say it does work under all circumstances (ODBC,SQL-Links,...).

Helmut Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT