Pro*C can't sleep()?

From: Dave Schweisguth <dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu>
Date: 1997/08/16

Our Pro*C programs have trouble getting to sleep(). Calls to sleep() are interrupted after a second or less (returning the number of seconds for which they were asked to sleep, or one less). A second sleep() (or a loop around "sleepytime = sleep(sleepytime)") does work. Only some sleep()s are affected, perhaps sleep()s after the program has opened and closed a database connection. What's going on?

Oracle 7.3.2.3, Solaris 2.5.1.

Thanks,

--

| Dave Schweisguth CuraGen Corp., Bioinformatics Dept. |
| dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu New Haven, Connecticut |