Re: Help with dynamic updates of forms

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/08/15

Anatoly V. Lisovoy wrote:

> Hi , Yiannis !
> If U are using Dev/2000 in froms developing , U should try use DBMS_SIGNAL
> package.
> It's well described in Oracle 7 Server Application Developer's Guide
> Chapter 12.
>
> Yiannis Troullides < > çàïèñàíî â ñòàòüþ
> <33F08943.387D_at_pia.bt.co.uk>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to Oracle and I have been asked to prepare
> > some Oracle forms that will act as "windows" on the contents
> > of a table/tables. That is, to dynamically "refresh" the
> > forms display when the table changes in whatever way.
> >[skip]
> > Your help is appreciated
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Yiannis Troullides

I think Anatoly means the DBMS_ALERT package. It has a SIGNAL procedure which, paired with the WAITONE or WAITANY procedures, will solve your problem. Look at Appendix A, p.15+ in the Oracle 7 Server Application Developer's Guide.

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies