Online Backups...

From: Phil Harris <phlarris_at_phlarris.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/08/15

I am looking at implementing a backup strategy for our db (7.3...).

It is running 24 * 7 and therefore I need to make online backups.

I have just attended the BR7, and they say that it is fine. Just set the table space to backup mode, the do an operating system copy. The actual backup may be inconsistent, but when you apply the redo logs, it'll iron it all out...

Does anyone have any advice for me. Is it really as easy (and as reliable) as the bloke made out, or is it a real nighmare???

Thanks in advance...

--
Phil Harris