Re: Creating temp tables BEFORE Reports 2.5 runs

From: Martin Bronstein <Martin.Bronstein_at_trw.com>
Date: 1997/08/07

dkefford_at_fair1.fairfield.edu wrote:

> Greetings all...
>
> I am a newbie to Oracle Server and Developer/2000 so bear with me.
>
> Anyway... I need to be able to create a temporary table against which a
> Reports 2.5 report can run. The reason I need to create the table first
> is that there is no possible way (that I can see) to select all the data
> that I need in one fell swoop (mainly because I need counts and
> percentages). However, I am unable to find anywhere within the help files
> and documentation a way to accomplish this. Moreover, PL/SQL does appear
> to allow creation of temporary tables, and I cannot find a way to call
> SQL*Plus from Reports 2.5 to run an external query.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Please e-mail me, as our e-mail server does not have a news serve, and I
> am posting from Déjànews.com.
>
> Regards,
>
> dan kefford
> Programmer Analyst
> Fairfield University

Dan,
Forget SQL*Plus, you can write the necessary PL/SQL code in a BEFORE FORM trigger. This trigger executes before the parameter form is displayed. If you need access to parameters in your tirgger code, use the AFTER FORM trigger. Do not use the BEFORE REPORT trigger, as this one fires after the report queries execute, but before your PL/SQL code would have run.

Regards,
Martin Bronstein Received on Thu Aug 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT