Creating temp tables BEFORE Reports 2.5 runs

From: <dkefford_at_fair1.fairfield.edu>
Date: 1997/08/07

Greetings all...

I am a newbie to Oracle Server and Developer/2000 so bear with me.

Anyway... I need to be able to create a temporary table against which a Reports 2.5 report can run. The reason I need to create the table first is that there is no possible way (that I can see) to select all the data that I need in one fell swoop (mainly because I need counts and percentages). However, I am unable to find anywhere within the help files and documentation a way to accomplish this. Moreover, PL/SQL does appear to allow creation of temporary tables, and I cannot find a way to call SQL*Plus from Reports 2.5 to run an external query.

Any ideas???

Please e-mail me, as our e-mail server does not have a news serve, and I am posting from Déjànews.com.

Regards,

dan kefford
Programmer Analyst
Fairfield University