Re: Find out oracle version

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/04

"Andy Harrison" <hippy_at_hips.demon.co.uk> wrote:

]Anyone know a way to find the version of rdbms from the command line, as I
]have about 3000 machines on which I need to audit

Each box can be running multiple RDBMS versions.

If the DBA who set the machines up was really nice, you could determin the rdmbs version for each SID on the box by listing /opt/oratab or perhaps /etc/oratab.

If they have put links or meaningless stuff in there like /opt/oracle which tells you nothing about the version number, then you will have to go into each $ORACLE_HOME/bin and run `sqldba exit` and grep out the Server Release info. This can be automated to run based on the /opt/oratab entries.

--
   ,-,_|\   George Dau,
  /    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), NT, Oracle, Internet.