Re: Calling UNIX commands from PL/SQL scripts...

From: N Prabhakar <n_prabhakar_at_post1.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

Hello there,

You need to have a server side program which will on the background. Ideally it can be a Pro*C program, the database trigger can write a message into a dbms pipe, on receiving the message, the Pro*C program can start its own process.

Pls note, that these sessions are independent of one another, hence commit given on 1 session will not commit for the another. In our system, we are using DBMS_PIPE extensively, it really works!!!!

Regards

N.Prabhakar

Vijay Damodaran <vijayd_at_nortel.com> wrote in article <33D8D699.317E_at_nortel.com>...