Re: Updating the TNSNames.ora file

From: Roy Klassen <rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/07/31

The Oracle Network Manger tool is the best for creating all SQL*Net files (LISTENER.ORA, SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA).

I would trust this tool more than editing the TNSNAMES.ORA file manually, because I think there are some hidden tabs and spaces in these files. If you don't have them, it does not work.

Matt Janofsky <removethis.matt.janofsky_at_transquest.com> wrote in article <01bc9c45$e370aca0$6f18aecd_at_wad2sky-jrobins>...