Re: reverse ip lookup webserver

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/19

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:57:57 +0200, Nico Jacobs <njacobs_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i'm wondering if I can do a IP to name conversion
>(reverse IP) via oracle webserver 2.1 for NT.
>Maybe use a C or a perl script?
>
>Please also reply to nicoj_at_ai.aiesec.org
>
>thanks a lot,
>
> Nico

You can set DNSResolution on, in your svXXXX.cfg file for your websvr, you would set:

[NetInfo]
MaxConnectCount = 338
DNSResolution = ALWAYS

or use the gui screens to turn it on. Then, the REMOTE_HOST cgi variable (owa_util.get_cgi_env('REMOTE_HOST') in pl/sql) will have the hostname if know and REMOTE_ADDR will have the IP address. If the host name cannot be resolved, the REMOTE_HOST will just have the IP address.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Jul 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT