Oracle images back to JPEG

From: Victor Kiranoff <vk_at_iki.rssi.ru>
Date: 1997/07/17

Hello all.
Couldn't anybody answer the following question: We are making a database with a lot of pictures in it. The pictures are inserted into Forms 4.5 image fields with READ_IMAGE_FILE function from GIF or JPEG files and are converted in Oracle Media Format (not sure in the name) before being inserted into LONG RAW database fields.
Everything was all right before we have needed to present this pictures onto Web. Oracle doesn't want to give the images back to GIF or JPEG. We are running Oracle Server 7.3 and Oracle Web Server 2.1. I've looked on OWA Replacement Cartrige but it needs images being already in some appropriate format. I've seen answers advicing to use user exits to store pictures as is in database but we already have a lot of data stored in Oracle format and also we need that stored images were accessible by Oracle Forms ? Reports. Doesn't anyone know if there is a way to get our images back to JPEG before putting them on Web? Any help will be appreciated.